Don’t Panic for Benidorm Paddie’s Celebrations!
Benidorm does not have a single confirmed case of the Coronavirus!!!
Yesterday myself and a member of staff visited 6 Benidorm’s bustling hotels and spoke with management to ask their view on the Coronavirus and the effect it is having on tourism.
The hotels are saying not to cancel your St Patricks Day holiday, come and enjoy your well-earned time away. All 6 hotels advised us that they are NOT in a state of panic but have put measures in place to help keep away the virus from Benidorm.
We asked them what their measures consisted of…
• All public areas already have notices and hand sanitiser in place for clients to use freely, staff are also trained to politely point this out to holiday makers.
• In all of our public toilets, spa’s, community changing areas and hotel rooms we have provided hand soap for our guests use.
• In public areas we have staff attending to items that are regulally touched, for exaple… lift buttons, hand rails, counter tops and door handles on a regular basis.
• Our staff will not shake your hand but will now bow their heads instead.
• Our cleaning staff are offered extra working hours to make sure all areas are to a high standard of cleanliness.
• All staff who work at our hotels will adhere hygiene and cleanliness information that we have provided them.
Benidorm town hall has announced that the Fallas (a Spanish fiesta) here on the Costa Blanca have been postponed (not cancelled) this does NOT mean that the Irish St Patricks Day celebrations are to come to a halt. They advised that while you are here, please be aware as you would at home to wash your hands on a regular basis.
The Benidorm Fallas have been postponed until further notice do to the Benidorm Council wanting to lessen the risk of people standing shoulder to shoulder in crowds for a period of time to help combat the risk of the infection reaching Benidorm.
On walking between hotels we noticed how busy Benidorm was with the Cheltenham raced, talking to the Tourists they say the hotels are cleaner than their homes and the Atmosphere is still the same amazing Benidorm it always has been.
The Hotel Marina in the center of Benidorm, with many holiday makers enjoying the sun while watching Cheltenham Races on the afternoon of 10th March 2020.